Our elementary program includes K4 (age 4) through grade 5.
Grace Academy students in grades K4 through five experience the excitement and joy of learning in a loving and nurturing environment. We strive to grow our students by building a strong Biblical and academic foundation. We encourage the dreams, talent, and imagination of each individual child to glorify God.
K4 is a flexible preschool program to help jump-start your child’s social, academic, spiritual and emotional development. Our caring teachers encourage students to grow at their own pace with hands-on activities that will build foundational skills for a love of learning. We offer three- and five-day, full-day programs.
Grades K5–2 are an important time to build a solid spiritual and academic foundation. We focus on:
- Foundational skills of reading, writing, and math
- Implementing hands-on strategies and technology to build on phonemic awareness, reading comprehension, writing stages, number sense and problem-solving
- Integration of Biblical principles in all subjects, along with a daily Bible class
- Memorization of Bible passages and weekly chapel programs
- Encouraging students to apply Biblical principles in their daily lives
Grades 3–5 are a time of great growth in knowledge, learning skills and independence in studies. During these years, we focus on:
- Specific content areas such as social studies and science
- Introducing students to research skills
- Progressing students from learning to read to reading to learn
- Developing a healthy independence, especially as they become increasingly accountable for their study and organizational habits
- Biblical integration occurs in all subjects along with a daily Bible class
- Attending relevant chapels and small group studies weekly
- Encouraging students to apply Biblical principles in relationships with others and leadership roles
- Setting appropriate expectations in classrooms that use teaching methods suited for varied learning styles
Specials and Other Clubs
We offer the following Specials on a rotation basis:
- Library (media)
- Enrichment/Remediation Services
For more information about any aspect of our elementary program, please contact Wanda Clark, Lead Teacher (Elementary) at email@example.com