Grace Academy is registered with the state of Maryland to oversee home instruction and verify compliance with the county. Our primary responsibility as an umbrella program is to verify that homeschool parents registered with us are providing regular, thorough instruction to their children according to COMAR 13A.10.01. Registration with Grace Academy Homeschool Umbrella allows students the opportunity to be part of our school community through involvement in individual classes, field trips, sports, fine arts opportunities, and chapel. Students residing in PA can still be part of the program but cannot have evaluations done by Grace Academy.
The purpose of Grace Academy’s Christ centered Homeschool Program is to lovingly come alongside parents who have chosen to educate their children at home. We desire to nurture an individual’s relationship with Christ and others, offer connections for homeschool families to become part of the GA family, and to build positive memories that will last a lifetime. We will assist parents by:
- Helping parents to comply with state regulations regarding home education.
- Offer support with respect to managing their child’s portfolio, assessment, and overall progress.
- Provide additional services, classes, and extracurricular opportunities.
Opportunities for Umbrella Students in K5-5th grade
- Participation in two specials classes for a fee (Art, P.E., Music, Spanish, or Media) pending available seats.
- Participation in weekly chapel meetings, school assemblies, and other school events pending available space and parent chaperone.
- Participation in periodic classes and field trips with other homeschool students.
Opportunities for Students in 6th-12th Grades
- Courses – Students in grades 6- 12 may register for up to 3 courses per year at a per class charge as listed in the fee schedule (pending available seats).
- Students taking ESSENCE classes through HCC must pay associated fees to the college to be considered dual enrolled.
- Participation in weekly chapel meetings, school assemblies, and other school events.
- Participation in field trips (additional fees may apply).
- Participation in all extra curricular activities such as clubs, retreats, and missions trips. There may be additional fees associated with these events.
- Participation in school athletic programs.
- Must meet all school academic eligibility requirements.
- Must have a current sports physical evaluation and meet all school and league requirements to participate.
- Athletic fees (additional) are required and vary by sport and grade level.
Please contact the school for more information, 301-733-2033.